Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i finally got him. he's soooo small just like 3/4 to an inch long but seems lively and healthy. i hope i can keep him alive he was expensive! have a great night all.

rose

·
Registered
415 Posts
3/4 of an inch!! :eek:

breeders i know won't sell them under an inch due to transport stress, congrats on the pick up though, love to see some pics must be a cutie

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he's very cute. and he's already eaten and everything. he's hiding under his driftwood right now. i will try to get some pics of him soon.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah they're pretty hard to come by...I have a store about 2 hours from here holding a trio of em for me til I can pick them up next week.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I don't believe so. Their numbers however are threatened in the local stores because only one store within 75 miles of here ever has em and even then they only get them in every few months.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hunter said:
are their numbers threatened in the wild?
Yes they are and they are banned from export as well for that very reason. The only L46's you should be able to buy are tank bred ones and\or fish that were exported before the ban which will now be fully grown as it was banned 3-4 years ago i believe.

·
Registered
119 Posts
One of my "local" stores has most of the rare plecos.
I designed their website, so I get some free fish, and nuggets, blue powdered, and zebras are DEFINATELY on my list. 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts