Tropical Fish Keeping banner

41 - 60 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
How long were the lights on when you took these tests? Where is the tank located (what room)?

Your dKH and Calcium to me don't jive with the pH test. Something is wrong here. Also, your temp is a little high (please post in Fahrenheit).
Good catch! 12 dkh, 440ppm Calcium, and 7.9 pH. Odd combination. By any chance are you using baking soda as your buffer?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Good catch! 12 dkh, 440ppm Calcium, and 7.9 pH. Odd combination. By any chance are you using baking soda as your buffer?

No Bro. I have not added any baking soda till date. Last time you stopped me using Ph buffer since then i didnt added anything at all.

Wake49 : Temp in Fahrenheit : 78 deg F.
I did the test 4.00 pm in the afternoon. Normally the lights get on at 6.00pm to midnight. Shall i do the tests at anonther time.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Shall i need to do all the tests again or only Ph. How long should i keep the lights on ?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
All of them. (Alk, Calcium, pH)

What kind of light fixture do you have?
Okay I will do the 3 tests again tonight after switching the light on for 4 hours.

Here are my light fixture pics which contains 2 fluorecent tubes 1 T5 & 1 Aqua Coral(Purple or Blue).

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Just did the tests after switching on the lights from the last 4 hours.

Here are results though a bit different from the last one.

1. PH : 7.9 ppm
2. Alkalinity : 10 dkh
3. Calcium : 400 ppm

Are my results okay or faulty?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I really like the new arrangement of the LR. Did you get new LR because it looks like you have a lot more smaller rocks. Is there any livestock in the tank right now?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thanks for the comment. No all of them are same old ones. Yes, there is one yellow tail damsel.

More comments please.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Just did the tests after switching on the lights from the last 4 hours.

Here are results though a bit different from the last one.

1. PH : 7.9 ppm
2. Alkalinity : 10 dkh
3. Calcium : 400 ppm

Are my results okay or faulty?
The pH is still low despite the higher Alkalinity reading. What pH test are you using? When was your last Water Change?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
The pH is still low despite the higher Alkalinity reading. What pH test are you using? When was your last Water Change?

You must be knowing bro that my Ph was low since beginning. I am using Tetra Test Kit(for Saltwater Tanks). Earlier i used to use Merck (Yellow Paper) but the results were same from both. To remind you i was also using Ph Buffer of Prodac International (Italian Product). Even after 4 doses it was of no use and Pasfur has stopped me after that to use it. Here is the link : PRODAC INTERNATIONAL ITALY

Last water change was done on 13th December 2009 and this was mentioned on my earlier posts.

Waiting for comments ?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Will check both my RO i.e. source water Ph

And also i will check tap water Ph.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
RO Water : PH = 7.0 (used for my Tank).

Tap Water : Ph : 7.4

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Reef Base substrate contains natural aragonite (the most dissolvable from of calcium carbonate) that maintains natural levels of pH with its high buffering capacity.

Just found the above on a site which says your substate takes care of Ph. Is my substrate giving some problem that is not helping to increase Ph. (mine was given to me by my LFS telling me it was argonite sand)
Should i increase my substrate with live sand to 4 inches. its 2inches now. i dont know is argonite sand or something else though it looks like white powder dust.

Alhough my RO water is low in PH as mentioned earlier.

41 - 60 of 363 Posts