Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Would you put a 20 gallon tank on this?

8K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Jbb421 
#1 ·
This is our kitchen table ( sorry for the mess ) and I wanted to put my 20 gallon QT on it. I forget the formula for weight ~ Is it 8lbs per gallon of water?

So that would be 160 lbs on that table? Or am doing this wrong? Seems it would be more...

So ~ to you think this table would hold?

#4 ·
LOL! Ya think? just got home and wanted to hurry and post this before I go to the lfs.:lol: But now it's pouring and I am too tired!

But you think it would be okay? I have a stand but then it has to go in front of my TV and that is annoying from my desk here!

Hey, woman ~ I tried to kick back your PM but your box was full. Would ya clean it out, Please??

Geeze!:roll:

#5 ·
LOL! Ya think? just got home and wanted to hurry and post this before I go to the lfs.:lol: But now it's pouring and I am too tired!

But you think it would be okay? I have a stand but then it has to go in front of my TV and that is annoying from my desk here!

Hey, woman ~ I tried to kick back your PM but your box was full. Would ya clean it out, Please??

Geeze!:roll:
I wouldn't hesitate to put a tank on that table, your table looks plenty sturdy. Besides, you can't be blocking your TV!

The PM box is now clean. :)

#6 ·
That shoudl be ok. I bought a desk / cabinite from IKEA for my 20 gallon Much cheaper than a stand and extreamy sturdy it fits perfectly. I took the wheels off mine. has a drawer and cab to store stuff with cable control (meant for computers)

IKEA | Workspace storage | Drawer units | MICKE | Storage unit

#7 ·
Okay, peeps. This tank is going up this weekend. ( I say this now ~ but...) Tell me, would you or should I put this tank in the center of this table?

I am paranoid ~ once I had my 55 gallon tank pop. It was horrible. If I had not been home all my discus would have died. There were floppin on the floor, in the tank ~ water every where! We were grabbing them and they are strong too! I was crying. Crapums.

The back just popped out of it ~ incredible.

hmm....this would make a really good thread topic.

#10 ·
If the table passes the sturdiness test I would place the tank in the middle of the table so it's centered over the pedestal/supports.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.