Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well first off my tank has a 5500k bulb and is a 20 gallon High

The plants that i want to get are Java Moss, Java Fern, Wisteria.

I would also like it if you guys recommended some other plants that would take in a great deal of waste since I want to get these planted in the tank so i can stock it without having to worry about the Nitrate levels getting too high every week

I currently have 2 Zebra Danios, 1 Molly, 2 Red fit tetra.'

I want to get atleast 3 more Zebra Danios, like 5 or 6 Neon.

Would also like recommendations on fish that do well with live plants and these fish without big fights and would do well in a 20 gallon tank.

Thanks

(Edit) Forgot to mention that i was thinking about swapping out the Neon Tetras for Guppies for some color or would both Neons and Guppies do well in the tank together?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Do you know your water hardness and PH ? That would give you a guideline for researching which fish would do best with your water. Live bearers typically do best in hard water with a higher PH. Tetras normally do best in softer, more acidic water.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my PH always sits between 7.5 and 7.6 and i am guessing i have decently soft water since i never get hard water stains on anything really. my tank water sits at between 78 and 80 degrees, and i just switched to Sand in my tank so i don't know if that will change anything but that is why the tank looks a little bit cloudy its almost fully cleared up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.