Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've recently discovered these tiny white worms on my aquarium glass. I can’t tell if these are harmless or not. They are very tiny and they stick tot the glass. Please tell me how to get rid of them, and if theyre
Plant Water Automotive lighting Terrestrial plant Gas

harmful. (they're the small white things to the right of the thermometer) they're everywhere

·
Registered
10g: 8 young golden Dalmatian mollies 1 neon tetra 2 nerite snails 10g: 2 nerites, soon molies fr t1
174 Posts
You cleaning consistently? Or over feeding?

·
Registered
10g: 8 young golden Dalmatian mollies 1 neon tetra 2 nerite snails 10g: 2 nerites, soon molies fr t1
174 Posts
Ok. It looks like nobody here has first hand experience in this area, so imma do my best with info from google.
The most likely worm appears to be rhabdocerla flat worms. They are harmless. I am relativily confident that’s what they are. If you want them gone make sure to vacuum and your tank and not overfeed.
Here’s a pic

Attachments

·
Administrator
7-10 tanks ranging in sizes up to 125g
60 Posts
I have experience with different types of fresh water aquarium "worms", but a picture from a foot or two away is of no help. Can't tell it you're talking about common harmless detritus worms that most tanks have or will have, flat worms such as rhabdocerla or Planaria, or if what you're seeing on the glass is not worms but actually the start of slime mold.

If getting a better close up picture is not possible, I would suggest googling detritus worms and flat worms to see if anything looks similar. Without getting a very close look at what you are seeing, Rhabdocerla, Planaria, and even leeches can look similar depending on their food sources.

In all cases, D_by_Ds advice above applies. Less organic waste in your system will lead to less "pests".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts