Tropical Fish Keeping banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #61

One of the many random 'snail jars' that can be found here and there around my home. . .
Silly, I know - but we like 'em! ^__^
This one is fairly sparse, with only a single stem of Hornwort, and a nano marimo ball.
It's the home of three MTS who have lived there for many months now. . .
(the random things I'm finding to post here make me giggle!)

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
if i ask very nicely…can in come live at your house.:mrgreen:
the photo quality is amazing:notworthy:…but the frogs..ohhhhh the frogs:love:

Reactions: Chesh

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
“The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.”

- Unknown

Today is my two-year anniversary in fish-keeping.​
Only two.​
That’s kind of baffling to me. . .​
I’ve learned a lot, but know it to be only the smallest of drops in a vast ocean of information.
I’ve gone from zero to seven tanks (and have a couple more waiting to be set up),
done far more than my fair share of toxin tests, and heaven knows how many gallons of water I’ve hauled.
I’ve witnessed the birth of many baby fish, but lost more little lives than I care to admit.
I’ve made mistakes, saved the day, and met new friends along the way. <3
I’ve watched and worried and medicated and loved.
I’ve panicked a time or two, but most of this time has been spent lost in the tranquility of a world that is not mine.​
Today is my two-year anniversary in fish-keeping.​
Only two.​
. . . here’s to two more!​

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
happy anniversary to you hun,i'm glad to have you as a friend
you are the sweetest person like ever,and without our little finned
friends,we probably would never have met.
xx

Reactions: djembekah and Chesh

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
now that is funny !!!!! i bought for a moment you had
photo shopped a hat to his head. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Beautiful work. And you know I just love frogs and plants...having frogs AND plants together is....epic.

I had frogs that would sleep under my bamboo shrimp. lol Or in a pile. I wish I had gotten a picture of my pink ramshorns the other night, but my battery died! I had seven riding on each other, it was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen(two smaller ones on a big one, the rest rode on the back of their neighbor like a line). But alas, I've never seen them ride on frogs either. Haha!

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
RS, Izzy - you guys are sweet, and both excellent photographers. . . <3

I remember, tooOOOO!!! Thanks for your help getting me on the right track when I stumbled in here two years ago, Iz!
. . .that tank has come a looooong way. . .so excited for it to finally grow into Becoming125! ^__^

Sylver, the frogs are all three in the Kindy tank now, with pink ramshorns and livebearers - your kind of tank, for sure! ~.^
You asked about it recently, here's a current shot. . . things are plugging along in there! :)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Wow both of your tanks look amazing, Jes! Jealous of how great your plants are doing!

Reactions: Chesh

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Thanks, Austin! I have to get caught up with yours - hope all is happy in there! ^_^
The plants in this tank are coming back from a bit of neglect. . . new growth makes me happy!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
YAY LOACH MOUNTAIN!

Seriously, I want to live on/in loach mountain! Esp 'cause it's in YOUR tank! Ehehe.

Lovely shots of a LOVELY tank, I think I'll just faint dead away when it gets an extra two feet added!

61 - 80 of 108 Posts