Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out in the backyard and thought this would look decent for a little while. Could this be treated to be put in my tank? I know it'd need to be boiled/soaked/etc....what else? I took a picture of both sides of it....let me know what you guys think!

·
Banned
750 Posts
It needs to be completely dried and remove ALL of the bark. The thing about using wood from nearby residents is that it may contain some harmful chemicals from fertilizers and such.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the bark off.....would it help if it were soaked for a week in saltwater? (Using aquarium salt)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO

i love your wood, it's so pretty

HAHAHA

bri

·
Registered
765 Posts
Very nice piece of wood you have there danny!
it will look great in your tank!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Personally I'm too lazy and cautious about what could be on wood I just pick up! I found this and think this is the direction I'll go with my tank I'm setting up now: http://www.petsolutions.com/Default.aspx?ItemID=93612160

Nice wood, and it comes safe enough to just plunk in and decorate around. But that's just my two pennies worth.

It is a nice piece of wood you found though... Nice find...If you don't mind the labor of boiling and whatever... go for it! :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts