Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah i said it wipe out.. my fry tank showed minor signs of ich and i did not want to use chemicals on the little ones so i started to raise the heat,which i always do slowly..well i guess i didn't do it slow enough because when i got up this morning and fed not one came to the top. upon further inspection tehy are all dead!!!!!!!!!! uuuurrrrrgggg and to make it worse i have been combating the same issue in the platty/rainbow tank and i can not get the heater up high enough so i am going to add another heater to it today and bring it up ..... man i thought it was hard to get my guppies stablized!!! on the good side the guppies have been stable for over two months and show no signs of issues..:shock::frustrated::BIGangry:

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this.
Maybe the lil ones were just too sick and it really wasn't your fault with the heater.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ick killed them all that fast? Bummer... Sounds like a virulent disease. I'm just starting back in on aquariums and I worry about diseases like that. Do you think adding chemicals would have saved any of them?

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think it was the heat that killed them off... as for the chemicals i try to avoid them but with fry i never use them their little systems cant handle that kind of stress...

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
From what Temp to what temp did you change their tank over night?

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wanted to go from 78 to 80 but i guess i clicked the heater to much and went to 82 (f) its my own fault i just wanted to p & m about it thats all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts