Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
120 gallon stocking will I have issues with this plan?
Purple Violet Magenta Font Sky

I know it calculates it a little overstocked but I have found that in the past about 110% is where i would consider a tank fully stocked

·
Registered
I have two tanks, one is cycling and one is a 5 gal (Soon to be upgraded)
588 Posts
1. The Red Tailed Black Shark seems pretty good, and a nice option for 120 gallon tank.
2. Six Blue Acara is a good number (Glad to see you've done your research)
3. I'm not sure, but aren't Blue Acara much larger then Zebra Danio? The Shark is a bottom-dweller, but the Acara might pick on them. It doesn't seem overstocked, but maybe you should just go with 4 Acara to start, one male and three females.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I’ve read with the acara they either need to be in singles a pair or even number groups larger than six is this not the case? The danios are small enough that they could be food for the other two but my research suggest that they are fast enough that they typically won’t be eaten

·
Registered
21 Posts
Six Acaras will pair up when they’re adult and you’ll need to remove the other four. RTBs occupy the lower half and are territorial, so it would probably be aggressive towards the acaras. The acaras will also eat the danios. It would work well without the acaras.
But why stock a tank to 100% anyway? It leaves no room for error, and if anything goes wrong the fish will suffer very quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts