123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
125 Gallon Stocking Wishlist

2 Firemouth Cichlids
3-4 Tinfoil Barbs
4-5 Clown Loaches
1 Black Knife/Ghost Knife Fish
1 Rainbow/Red-tail Shark
1 Violet Goby (if can work in non-brackish)
may also want some kind of livebearer for dithers or what not (wild swordtails)

If the filtration is right, can it be compatible?

2 bags PFS substrate
Lots of manzanita and rocks

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I can say your red tail will be food for other inhabitants and the goby is a brackish fish. I can't speak on the terms of compatability/bioload, however. Someone will come along shortly.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
There isn't a fish on that list that will eat a red tail shark.

Clown loaches and tinfoil barbs will EVENTUALLY outgrow a 125. It'll take a while though.

You can get a pair of fire mouths and keep a group - they cohabitate well as a family.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
The BGK won't? My BGK I had as a kid destroyed everything we ever put in with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like I'd require a 220 or so to keep that stock for life..

The only one I'll admit that I was suspicious about keeping the rainbow shark with was the BGK. BGk's tend to scare me in general when I take them into consideration for any stock...but I'd like to be able to have one with some larger fish species that it won't be able to prey upon.

What if I leave out tinfoils? I was wanting a group of firemouths, but if I get a group is that all I can have as I'd imagine they'd be aggressive toward the other species when breeding. Unless the species I listed will respect their territory and all....

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
We just got a 225 (6x2x2.5) - wouldn't be big enough either for LONG term. What's more important than the actual number of gallons is the dimensions of the tank. I would ultimately want at least an 8 foot tank for clown loaches, though a 6 foot tank would be a great grow out tank for them.

I would not keep a BGK with your typical community fish. Larger more aggressive fish are good tank mates. A 125 is large enough for a group of fire mouths, but anytime you keep breeding cichlids you may have to do some things to keep the peace. They aren't overly aggressive fish though. Keep in mind you're stocking a more aggressive tank than a typical community.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I consider RTS as typical community fish but that's just me. Jaysee knows more about them than I do go by his word.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 8 of 8 Posts