Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an exelent online fish reatailer for saltwater fish they have exelent photography and there fish look very healthy.unfortunetly i found out that all there fish corals and annenomys are wild cought.Besides conservation is there any other reasons y i should not buy wild cought fish?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,248 Posts
A majority of saltwater fish is wild-caught. Some will never breed in captivity hence catching them in the wild to ensure availability of stocks.

By the way, I once tried this fish. Easy to keep IME.


I like Banggai Cardinals.:love:

Hope you can get a larger tank soon in which you'll be able to keep shoals of those fish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am considering buying a 46 gallon instead of a 30,but im not sure how well it will fit in my room. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,248 Posts
4-6 Banggais will fit in it. 4 is preferable though to make sure tank is not overstocked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
blue, are those orange clowns? or something like that..i saw some of them at a LFS in my moms town...IMO they arent as cute as the little clowns, but i like the cardinals..

bri
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blue, What i actualy ment when i said (i dont know how well it will fit im my room) is that i am only 14 and im not sure if i have anuff space in my room for a large 46 gallon fish tank. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,248 Posts
trreherd said:
blue, What i actualy ment when i said (i dont know how well it will fit im my room) is that i am only 14 and im not sure if i have anuff space in my room for a large 46 gallon fish tank. :D
:blink: But you said in the third post you're planning on 46 gallons.

zeb_nz said:
I love the pink tailed triggers! I might get 5 for my 200 gal tank!
You'll need one anemone per pair of clowns as they established territory on the anemones.


girlofgod said:
blue, are those orange clowns? or something like that..i saw some of them at a LFS in my moms town...IMO they arent as cute as the little clowns, but i like the cardinals..
There are several species of clownfish. All fall on the category of Amphiprion.

Nemo is just an Amphiprion ocellaris. :nicefish:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Blue said:
trreherd said:
blue, What i actualy ment when i said (i dont know how well it will fit im my room) is that i am only 14 and im not sure if i have anuff space in my room for a large 46 gallon fish tank. :D
:blink: But you said in the third post you're planning on 46 gallons.

zeb_nz said:
I love the pink tailed triggers! I might get 5 for my 200 gal tank!
You'll need one anemone per pair of clowns as they established territory on the anemones.


girlofgod said:
blue, are those orange clowns? or something like that..i saw some of them at a LFS in my moms town...IMO they arent as cute as the little clowns, but i like the cardinals..
There are several species of clownfish. All fall on the category of Amphiprion.

Nemo is just an Amphiprion ocellaris. :nicefish:

what you dont neads a anemone for triggers?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top