Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why was the thread "Where is OFL" removed? Ive been asked this by several members and finally a thread where she explained her issue. Politics aside I really despise censorship unless it was bad language, taunting ect. Ive seen other threads get the plug pulled because of people politics. Each should have the right to explain positions. What is going on with this forum? I used to love it here. I value freedom of speech. Way too often new members questions go unanswered or with the most contrite short form answer possible with little context or scientific back up linked to the answer. I was told to bring it up here so I have. I have membership in several forums dedicated to my interests and this used to be the best of the bunch. Please remember that mod status doesn't mean you have more scientific insight or true species knowledge than anybody else. The interest of the fish and members must again become the priority rather than the forum politics. Just wish it was still the way it used to be here. many others share my concern that this forum has changed and not for the better. Sorry just had to give you the feedback, take it for what its worth not much.

CJ

logisticsguy

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Hi logisticsguy,
Upon a bit more discussion, we have put the thread back up in the lounge section as it was decided we are best off to leave it there. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate that. Sorry if I came across as a jerk. I still enjoy this forum and if I left I would be leaving some very good friends. I do now understand this puts you in a position of not being able to defend yourselves on the board. I wish all the mods and this forum the best.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Thank you for understanding that there is much more to a story when you hear it. It IS very difficult when we can't defend our position. We don't even know what the problem is sometimes.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We do appreciate your honesty and openness!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts