Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have a sort of white mould or fungus growing on the end of the filter spray bar. This is the only place it seems to be growing .
Spray bar is under water, pointed to the surface as opposed to out of the water pointed down as this disturbed my sand too much. If that makes a difference. Also i am pretty sure i am not overfeeding as the fish only get a small pinch a day .

20130510_144547.jpg

Sorry the picture is not the clearest

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I am betting its calcium/mineral bulid up. I tend to get the same white deposits on my suction cups for my heater. I have always chalked it up as that. I might be wrong here so will see what others say. I general take mine out and wash them off in tap water from time to time. It takes a little scrubbing but it does come off.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I am betting its calcium/mineral bulid up. I tend to get the same white deposits on my suction cups for my heater. I have always chalked it up as that. I might be wrong here so will see what others say. I general take mine out and wash them off in tap water from time to time. It takes a little scrubbing but it does come off.
That is exactly what it is. Kind of gross, but nothing bad.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
+1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts