Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

My male guppy has a small white growth on his back. It looks more like a human pimple and it's not fuzzy. It has been there for about 2 days. I have attached images of my guppy. He acts normal, eats and is very social as usual. He has been with us since March this year and didn't have any other illness. The tank has 120 litre. The water temperature is 25 degrees Celsius. Here are some water parameters:
NO3: 25 mg/l
NO2: 0 mg/l
GH: >14
KH: Between 3 and 6
pH: 7.2
Cl2: 0

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much, I once had 3 guppies that had a similer growth, 1 died a month later however, it was already 4 years old. The other 2 were only 3 years old and one of the 2 lived 6 more months and the other lived for 2 more years. Both of these two's white growth dissapeared after a few months. I reccomend giving your guppy a salt bath once a week for two hours to help it dissapear as it may be a small internal infection. Let me know if you don't know what a salt bath is or if you need any more help. Reply to this message. Also, if it spreads reply to this message and I will try to help you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your answer! I've put a little bit of aquarium salt and I give him Melafix. It seems that it's shrinking. Hopefully it will go away soon... If this doesn't work I'll try also with salt baths.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts