Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
269 Posts
ive used I think it was like 2lbs per gal for my 55..

id stay away from ecel, it puts a limit on what plants you can have. if you really want to go with extra carbon get a pressuised system, yeast based systems are far to sporatic to be of any use.
Not exactly correct. DIY co2 generators work very well for tanks up to around 40 gals. I have a 30, and 40 gal. on yeast generated co2, and they are doing excellent. I will concur they could be sporadic if your not diligent in keeping the generators renewed often.;-) I use a two bottle system on my tanks. They produce a consistent 1BPS. I make up a new bottle every 2-3 weeks.

· Registered
269 Posts
very, co2 requires extra fert and extra light to keep plants growing and algae under control. if your co2 dips but ur fert and light are still high algae will take hold in a matter of day(s). then once you have it itll take weeks to get rid if it. consistency is key with high tech co2.
This is an absolute. I learned the hard way when I started using co2. The co2 has to remain consistent. DIY is a little tougher to keep levels regulated. The generator bottles have to be replaced as soon as the bubble count drops in the least.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.