Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Surprisingly: Ebay.

I just ordered quite a few plants from there from various vendors. No problems.

I also just used Bobs Tropical Plants. No complaints, received exactly what I ordered.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was wondering what places online do people use for ordering plants? Looking for pieces that offer good prices and a decent selection. In the past I had used set aquatics, but it looks like after all the problems that they had they closed down. Thanks.
I've had good luck on AquaBid. Used Mikeswetpets and P_volitan, received nice looking plants from both. Both had great communication as well. You can bid/buyout stuff of theirs and then you can email them add more plants or customize your order.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We got ours from Liveaquaria. They have done wonderful. We bought the low light mediium plant pack it was like $ 45 and has lots of plants and in the 5 weeks or so we have had them they have tripled in size.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'll third the recommendation for Aquariumplants.com. Great selection for great prices. I found their shipping to be a bit expensive though. I live in California and I think they ship from South Dakota(?) so the shipping was not cheap. I spent almost as much on the shipping as I did the plants. I might have gotten better value for my money if I ordered more than $35 worth of plants though. Next time I buy plants online I'll probably try Aquabid.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies, checked out Bob's tropical plants and looks like a good selection for a good price. I will have to check out aquariumplants.com when I am able to get online with the computer, using my phone right now pretty exclusively for internet right now and it was a bit of a pain trying to navigate the site on the phone. I have a couple of other places that I am going to check out that are local, but it seems to sometimes be hit and miss on what is available and the quality.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
you get most bang for you buck on aquariumplants.com when you place a large order, makes the shipping costs way worth it. theres also a mobile version of this, i know my iphone subscribes me to every thread ive commented on and sends me a email when there is a reply to any of them. all i gotta do is open the email click the link and boom im at the thread and able to read and reply. maybe look while on your phone for the mobile version?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts