Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering where you guys buy your plants at.. I myself have would go to local pet stores but they don't carry many plants and the ones they do just fall apart and are put together with a rubber band.. and petco is a ways away from me , I'm very interested in buying Mother plants online just not sure which website to use and if they would surrvie since its -15 where I live almost everyday [wisconsin]..

·
Registered
186 Posts
I always buy mine from local pet stores/planted tank enthusiasts.

I don't like to buy plants without being able to look at them first. My only experience with ordering plants online wasn't a good one, and I don't think it will happen again.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The only LFS around me is Petsmart/Co which does have some stuff, but no variety. I have ordered from sweetaquatics.com and was very please with what I received. IMO, They are the best value. I just bought a new batch from aquariumplants.com which I would consider second to sweet aquatics, but SA didn't have what I needed in stock at this time. I will let you know how the order from aquariumplants.com turns out, I am expecting it by this weekend

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've gotten a few from PetSmart. The majority are from the online classifieds for my city (kijiji, usedeverywhere, etc.). I've found that with a lot of patience and persistent checking, the things I want end up there for a fraction of the price of the ones in stores, because they've reached the point of being a nuisance for the seller.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I get some of mine on ebay, from mikeswetpets

eBay My World - mikeswetpets

they're a little pricey, IMO, but his plants are in very good condition and he has excellent service.

wow 3.00 for a nice big plant and only 5.00 for shipping? i dont understand why so cheap but im happy :D

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Some plants are just cheap... Which is good- in general, the cheaper ones are the easiest to grow.

I prefer sweet aquatics.. Lately they're been a little swamped cause lots of people want their plants. :p

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I have bought form local LFS, sweetaquatics.com, and aquariumplants.com as well as a couple of buyers on ebay and aquabid and have been pleased with all of my purchases. If you are not in a hurry for them to be shipped out to the I like sweetaquatics, they have great prices and plants but my last two orders they took a week or more to ship them out to me. If you need them fast go with someone else.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sadly I have to wait another week to see if i can recive my plants since the wheater is so COLD!! :(

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I sell plants and am in Wisconsin. However I don't ship in winter, its just a bad idea and not worth the cost.

hudson isnt to far from superior is it?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I purchased a 30 gallon "plant pack" from thatfishplace.com. Good assortment, averaged out to about 2.50/plant or bunch including shipping right to my door. Plants were in outstandingly good shape when I received them and none dropped their leaves, even in my relatively new tank set-up (55g).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts