Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I set up a 29 g. My ph is 7.6 water temp. 78 Ammonia 0 Nitrite and Nitrate 0 All the sudden, in fact since I came home, my pleco and a cichlid died . I looked at the tank all was ok but an hour or so later and the 2 were dead on the bottom. I don't see any sign of disease with the other fish. There are 2 small cichlids in there and 2 red platies. I am planning to move the platies out. Any thoughts about what went wrong? Any suggestions as to what should I do now? I have a medium size pc. of African wood and 2 pc of shell in the tank. I have read other posts that asked if the fish were at the top gasping? The cichlid that died was at the top several times. The filter stirs the water so I would think there is plenty of oxygen in the water. I did a 20% water change a few days ago, I treated the water w/ stress coat and added more special blend.

I do have live plants. I bought some Tetra liquid fert. and put in the amount for my size tank.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Post moved to its own thread.

Reactions: Flint

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
What kind of cichlids? Cichlids and platies shouldn't be living together. What are your parameters, how long has the tank been set up and did you cycle it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts