Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Corydoras, loaches, rosy tetra, neon Tera, guppies, assassin snail, pleco, SAE, ottocinclus
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My guppy has been pregnant for a while now and I started noticing that I could now see the fry in her belly and they are really big. But then she never dropped them and her belly just got bigger and bigger and now she looks like this.
I was afraid it might be dropsy so I’ve put her in a quarantine tank with medication.
I’m afraid I might lose her and her fry.
Water Liquid Fluid Solution Drinkware

·
Registered
430 Posts
My guppy has been pregnant for a while now and I started noticing that I could now see the fry in her belly and they are really big. But then she never dropped them and her belly just got bigger and bigger and now she looks like this.
I was afraid it might be dropsy so I’ve put her in a quarantine tank with medication.
View attachment 845221
:oops:

goodness that does not look good at all. It's like she's hemorrhaging but I don't know if that's the correct word for this. Either way she's suffering and you might want to consider culling her in a peaceful way. There's no medication for this sort of thing. Sorry to deliver the bad news BUT this is just my opinion. Maybe someone will chime in.
🙏

·
Registered
430 Posts
View attachment 845221
The other word that I was thinking of is "rupturing " not hemorrhage.

·
Registered
50 gal w/ Spoiled Guppies , Mollies and 3 Bettas in private tanks
95 Posts
It's not dropsy, as far as I can tell from the image. But she does appear to have some blockage (possibly the fry themselves) that is not letting her release the fry and it will eventually cause her and the fry to perish if they cannot get out. (if they haven't already perished inside her and are the cause of the blockage) I found this youtube video that may (or may not ) help you ;

·
Registered
430 Posts
It's not dropsy, as far as I can tell from the image. But she does appear to have some blockage (possibly the fry themselves) that is not letting her release the fry and it will eventually cause her and the fry to perish if they cannot get out. (if they haven't already perished inside her and are the cause of the blockage) I found this youtube video that may (or may not ) help you ;
That didn't even cross my mind to physically take her out and "help" the fry out if that is in fact what's going on. Good on you 👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts