Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should i feed my ghost shrimp. I have lots of different food. I have floating pellets, flake food, frozen brine shrimp, frozen worm mix, frozen vegetable matter, krill wafers, algae wafers, and carotenoid wafers

·
Registered
620 Posts
If I'm not mistaken they will pretty much eat anything that is laying around the tank on the floor on objects etc...Someone please correct if I'm wrong :D

·
Banned
2,510 Posts
Pretty much right on the money. Food should be finely ground though. They may also eat baby fish. I watch mine chow down on some newborn guppies. The fry may have already been dead I don't know.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've had good experience feeding my cherries crab food. It contains lots of good stuff to help invertebrates' shells develop properly. I'm sure it would work very well for ghosties too.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
hi
mine use to run off with the catfish pellets.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Ghost shrimp are scavengers, and whatever you offer them will usually do the trick. They are not much on vegetation, though, so watch the algae wafers to be sure they're actually eating them, break them into small pieces and watch. Mine live on flake food with the fish, and the live brine, and the freeze dried bloodworms. I have had many yrs of success in breeding the shimp on this diet, and I don't "feed the shrimp", I only feed the fish. The shrimp get what the fish miss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts