Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor puffer fish just died which i had set up in a brackish environment.. does anyone know what i should do after a fish has died, i want to start a fresh water aquarium is there a special way of cleaning the fish tank? :cry:

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
If you are worreid about a disease, then you may have to clean it very well with bleech. If no disease then you can simply do water changes to get the salt content diluted if youwant to go non brachish. Also kepe putting a small amount of food in the tank to keep the bacteria alive and the tank should be ready for other fish as soon as you change 50% a couple times.

Youi might be able to treat the tank with coppersafe or some other remedy if you think it was a disease but make sure to keep feeding the tank so it stays cycled.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Yes, it's safe - provided that you rinse very well afterward to make sure all traces have been removed.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Follow It Home said:
also you can just fill the tank up to the brim with water and use a de-chlorinater, as bleachs main ingredient is chlorine
yes but it still contains other things, thats why you have to rinse as much as you can and add double dose of dechlorinator, letting it sit with the filter running for 24-48 hours wont hurt either

1 - 7 of 7 Posts