Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was looking up American Flag Fish on google, and I came across this fish. I know it's saltwater, because on one of the pictures it was with a SquirrelFish. And Live Rock was with it in another one. If anyone knows its name or it's care, can you share? I'm on vacation right now, so I can only provide a link. When I get back on Sunday night, I could provide an actual picture. Thanks!

http://www.google.com/search?q=american+flag+fish&tbm=isch&pbx=1&aq=&oq=&aqi=&fkt=&fsdt=&cqt=&rst=&htf=&his=&maction=&site=images&gl=us&source=mog&csll=&action=&ltoken=5b93e149&biw=320&bih=416&sei=x5NRT-DXG-bb0QGigL38DQ#i=34

·
Super Moderator
3,247 Posts
Your link doesnt work, goes to Google homepage...

·
Super Moderator
3,247 Posts
jordanella-floridae - species of Killifish.

·
Super Moderator
3,247 Posts
It can live in slightly brackish water so could well have been in with live rock.

·
Super Moderator
3,247 Posts
Link on its care for you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No, it isn't Jordenalla floridae, this fish isn't called that. Just came up with that search. I'm quite positive it's saltwater. Try copy and pasting this, it worked for me.

http://www.google.com/search?q=american+flag+fish&tbm=isch&pbx=1&aq=&oq=&aqi=&fkt=&fsdt=&cqt=&rst=&htf=&his=&maction=&site=images&gl=us&source=mog&csll=&action=&ltoken=5460a1c8&biw=320&bih=416&sei=n55RT66nIIXk0QHloYXnDQ#i=4

Edit: Forgot to mention, this fish looks completely different from Jordanella Floridae.

·
Super Moderator
3,247 Posts
Red Flag Grouper?

Those are the only ones I can think of that vaguely resemble the American Flag, this is from months of searching for fish for potential stock lists.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm, that isn't it......it's about the size of a Squirrlefish, if that helps. Thats really all I got from the picture. The most common squirrelfish, forgot its name. The light red one.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Super Moderator
3,247 Posts
I dont really know to be honest.

Am very curious as well now, will have to wait for the pictures :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts