Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7-8 week old tank- I’ve had several guppies due throughout my time with the tank of mystery illnesses including fun calming, cottony growth on body but many have developed red blisters on their lips and even red spots before dying- all of my water parameters are fine, I clean the water, have tried treating in a hospital tank some of the fish with melodic/prismafix and nothing help- seems to spread between guppies- even after guppies are gone and I add new ones they eventually get sick.
Today my last remaining female looks so sick it’s like out of a horror movie- red lip, red spots of degrading tail, her abdomen is swollen, it looks like her brain is bleeding and I saw clear sting like stuff coming out of her- it was so disgusting and horrible- I just moved her to an isolation tank and put cure all in although there is no way she will survive- I’m sure all my other fish are doomed- what in the world is going on!?! And how do I get rid of it- I’m upset for the fish and also just disgusted!

·
Registered
80 Posts
THAT'S TERRIBLE! It's definitely red mouth disease. Maybe try adding some Marine Salt to help kill the bacteria a bit. Don't use table salt or any other kind of salt because that will kill your fish. Keep trying to use your anti bacterial fish infection medicines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts