Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have angelfish, pseudotropheus demasoni, ps. saulosi, ps. socolofi, callipteras (I can never remember how to spell the first part of that.) electric yellows, ngara flametail peacocks, and a few others that I can't remember right now. What does everyone else keep, and what species have you had spawn?
Tracy

·
Registered
765 Posts
i once had rainbow cichlids and they bred.
but we had to get rid of them because they were beating up the other fish but they were sure nice! :(

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have a 6 Bar Frontosa, Elctric Blue and a Elctric Yellow atm, i had other's but i had to give them away because they were too agressive to my other fish that i stated adding.

·
Banned
2,994 Posts
ghost716 said:
I have angelfish, pseudotropheus demasoni, ps. saulosi, ps. socolofi, callipteras (I can never remember how to spell the first part of that.) electric yellows, ngara flametail peacocks, and a few others that I can't remember right now. What does everyone else keep, and what species have you had spawn?
Tracy
Hope there not in the same tank.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Currently?
Angelfish, blue rams and discus.
Only a pair of gold angels have spawned so far.

Past?
Malawis, Tangs, angelfish, blue rams, parrof cichlids, convict cichlids and kribensis.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dlil said:
ghost716 said:
No, of course not. I have 17 tanks. Tracy
Tidy, what size are they and what do you keep in them?
Oops, missed this. I usually try to avoid answering questions about what size tanks I have and what I keep in them because unfortunately even with 17 tanks I need more big tanks, LOL. My largest is 90 gallons, and I am looking into a 150 for my frontosas, etc. You guys know how it is. But an overview I have a 90 gallon, 75 gallon, 2 55 gallons, 3 29 gallons, 2 20 gallons, and the rest are ten gallon grow out tanks. I keep a variety of african cichlids in the two large tanks, tetras and angels in the 55s, and plecos in all of my tanks. Tracy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More like no life outside of caring for fish and working. Just kidding. My daughter is my fishie side kick, she works hard to help me change water, etc. Tracy

·
Registered
891 Posts
Just angels at the moment.
I would love love love LOVE to get something like a 55 gal, and keep discus. But the house can't fit another tank :(
Unless I took out the living room wall... :twisted:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have 2 Tiger Oscars & with weakly water changes they are the easiest fish I have ever kept

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
z24frank said:
were you able to bree the blood parrots?
As far as this goes, blood parrots tend to be sterile. Unfortunately, jellybean parrots are not. We actually do not encourage other hobbyists to breed hybrids further as this often decimates the purer strains.
I'm not a fan of parrot cichlids and flowerhorns personally. I honestly think that what they did like the lack of tails in some parrots is a cruel act.:redmad:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts