Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my planted tank set up for about 6 weeks and have added 2 platy fish, looked into my tank today and found three small snails
Any clue what they are? Or if they're worth keeping?
Apologies for the crappy quality photo

·
Registered
7 aquaria: live plants, shrimp, snails, celestial danios, white clouds, corys, ottos...
42 Posts
They look like "Bladder Snails" (Physa acuta), but it would be easier to tell if we could see the back.

I have had these as pests in the tanks because they reproduce VERY rapidly and will damage some living plants. They often come in on unwashed plants. My solution was to physically remove them daily until I finally got them all out. Took forever, but they're finally gone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look like "Bladder Snails" (Physa acuta), but it would be easier to tell if we could see the back.

I have had these as pests in the tanks because they reproduce VERY rapidly and will damage some living plants. They often come in on unwashed plants. My solution was to physically remove them daily until I finally got them all out. Took forever, but they're finally gone.
sorry, my phone's been dropped a ton so the camera isnt as good as it used to be, the shells look kinda see through with black spots a bit of a pinkish colour at the back end

1 - 3 of 3 Posts