Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a water change last night as well as cleaned the glass inside and out. Tonight I get home and find small white, semi-transparent spots on the inside glass. They are around the size of a sesame seed and in random clumps in the 2 front corners and a couple of other spots on the front and rear glass. Could they be from eggs? I have 2 juvenile angels (maybe 2") that seem to be a pair. Wouldnt they be too young to be breeding? The spots dont appear to be raised so im wondering that if they are from eggs, maybe they were eaten leaving these spots behind? Sorry no picture Im terrible with things like that.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Did a water change last night as well as cleaned the glass inside and out. Tonight I get home and find small white, semi-transparent spots on the inside glass. They are around the size of a sesame seed and in random clumps in the 2 front corners and a couple of other spots on the front and rear glass. Could they be from eggs? I have 2 juvenile angels (maybe 2") that seem to be a pair. Wouldnt they be too young to be breeding? The spots dont appear to be raised so im wondering that if they are from eggs, maybe they were eaten leaving these spots behind? Sorry no picture Im terrible with things like that.

Snail eggs?

just a guess.

if fish eggs mom and dad should be guarding them.

my .02

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have these in my planted aquariums sometimes, I think most of my fish eat them, they are not usually present in my fish aquariums, at least not in any big numbers. I pulled this from an online article explaining what they are.

"Limpets
Visible to the naked eye. Limpets are related to snails, but have a simple flat shell. They are usually seen stuck to the aquarium glass."

Do they look like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have these in my planted aquariums sometimes, I think most of my fish eat them, they are not usually present in my fish aquariums, at least not in any big numbers. I pulled this from an online article explaining what they are.

"Limpets
Visible to the naked eye. Limpets are related to snails, but have a simple flat shell. They are usually seen stuck to the aquarium glass."

Do they look like this?
Yes! That is exactly what they look like! :-D. Thanks Angelcraze! Where do they usually come from? I take it they're harmless? Why do they only appear after water changes? Just curious.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes! That is exactly what they look like! :-D. Thanks Angelcraze! Where do they usually come from? I take it they're harmless? Why do they only appear after water changes? Just curious.
Not sure why they appear after your water changes, maybe you disturb the gravel, but they are harmless, and like I said, free live food for your fish, since I assume they just hitchhiked on my plants. I tend to get all sorts of "critters" where I don't know where they came from, usually my fish eat them all, I'm glad I could help and ease your mind.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 6 of 6 Posts