Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have no idea how to use this website.

I really like fish though, so , I'm getting somewhere, right?

It all started a year ago, when i won a goldfish from a fair, and did a little research.

I found out that a fish bowl wasn't okay for him, and I was pretty interested in it all to be honest, i ended up presenting a speech on the misconceptions of goldfish care within three months of getting my first goldfish, well if you must know- that didn't go well (i'm awfully shy- one hundred people in the audience put me off a little.)

Anyways, within in a year, i've spent every penny i've ever earned at my part-time job, while balancing my studies, on five fish tanks and over fifty fish. over £600 it comes to, and i'm not even 16 yet. sigh.

I still have my first goldfish, i was just in time when it came to getting him out of that tiny fish bowl and into a tank big enough to support his growth, and now he lives in the pond outside with a number or other goldfish.(he's huge now, but , thanks to that speech i did, i know he's still got a long way to go.)

My 200l is now set up for Softwater cichlids, to be honest, it's not going very well. But i'll get there.

I've got a few problems, my inexperience does that to me, and if you feel like helping, please check out my threads! :D
I'm hoping , in the far, far ,far future, to gain a PHD in marine biology, and move to Australia to work as a conservationist on the great barrier reef(or what's left of it at that time, anyway) I've gotta dream , right~?

thanks for reading! I hope the advice of those on this site can help me in my fishy adventures.

Reactions: Romad

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

Reactions: Peapuffer

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
hello and welcome.:-D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi/New to the site

New to the site. My family and I just bought a 55 gallon tank with no experience. We've very excited though.
Our neighbors thought it would be a good idea to give our little girl, age 4, a goldfish in a bowl. So here we are, 90 days later, with a 1.5 gallon tank set up in my 4 yr olds room and 55 gallon tank in the works for our living room.
I was searching how to take care of fish and stumbled on this site.
We are putting rock and decorations in our take today with the hopes of putting water in it. I was told I would have a few mishaps along the way. This site will be a great reference tool. Nice to meet everyone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eek, hi, it's a shame about the goldfish, they need a huge amount of space to live healthily, a 1.5 gallon for a goldie will cut its 20yr life span by quite a lot. But it's awfully troublesome to get new tanks, especially for goldfish (speaking from experience, mine are too big for any of the tanks i have, so they're in the pond now). And a large tank for a child is a very bad idea, so there's not much you can do about that.
And i agree about this site, while i do have a lot of experience with fish and study them a lot. It's interesting and very useful to read about others experiences and tips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts