Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I am going to get a TON of hate for this! Like SOOOO much! Please forgive me!

Me and my friends were bored so we bought 4 Betta fishes and wanted them to fight. We put those 4 male Bettas in a single bowl with about .5 or .25 gallons of Betta water. They have been fighting for about 3 hrs. 2 Bettas are severely going at it. 1 Betta fought a ton and now is resting alot. 1 Betta is trying to kill all the others. Another Betta hasnt fought yet and swims away because it is about 1/2 the size of all the others. Each one of them, besides the smallest one is extremely damaged. There are 2 Bettas that have been fighting literally non stop for 3 hrs. I have an ok amount of food in the bowl, but not enough for all 4 of them.I took them home and now they are in my room.

What do I need to do so that each one of them is safe?

Do I need to put alot tap water in the bowl?

I only have 2 other cups to put the fishes in.

I do not have any Betta water left, besides the .5 or .25 gallons already in the bowl.

When will the 2 3 hr fighting Bettas die?

I have to sleep, but i wont be able to because I will think about the torture I have put on them.

I do not have any food left or a net to catch them to put in another cup separately....

I AM SO SORRY, HONESTLY

·
Reference Team
1,573 Posts
You own cups..like drinking cups or tupperware..?? right? Separate them with what water you have till the morning then go to the pet store and buy conditioner to add to tap water and individual 1 gallon bowls then give them away to caring pet owners you know! If there is not enough water then get f-ing creative and put a divider of any kind between them tonight.
at this part I'm guessing... go buy bottled water... Fiji water maybe best?? then add to water they already have and put them in anything separate til tomorrow.
Ask God or whomever you believe in for forgiveness and do everything in your power to re-home and rehabilitate them till you do so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You own cups..like drinking cups or tupperware..?? right? Separate them with what water you have till the morning then go to the pet store and buy conditioner to add to tap water and individual 1 gallon bowls then give them away to caring pet owners you know! If there is not enough water then get f-ing creative and put a divider of any kind between them tonight.
at this part I'm guessing... go buy bottled water... Fiji water maybe best?? then add to water they already have and put them in anything separate til tomorrow.
Ask God or whomever you believe in for forgiveness and do everything in your power to re-home and rehabilitate them till you do so.
I own drinking cups. but, i cannot leave the house to get purified bottle water, only tap water.... oh dear....can i add tap water to the bowl that already has 100% betta water? also how much?

·
Registered
4 Posts
First of all, you're a freaking idiot... Being sorry doesn't change that.

You need to get them into separate cups cups immediately. You said you only two cups, but you need to find something. I'm assuming an unused disposable cup would be alright until morning.

Do you have any water conditioner? If not, you'll need to make do with the water they're already in and separate it between the cups, but you'll need to go get some conditioner first thing in the morning to get them new water. I would get StressCoat in this case.

They'll be fine without food until morning as well. They'll need a good food to help them heal so I'd reccomend Omega One pellets as they are very healthy and most Bettas love them.

You'll need to get them some decent sized containers each (preferably at least 2.5gal with heaters).

I would also pick up some aquarium salt to prevent infections from their wounds.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but if you're really sorry, than you need to make this right and help these fish.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I really hope this post is a joke, and a poor one at that. My bettas are loved--seriously. I won't even use a net on them, but use my bare hands to take them out. Any living animal or fish are not jokes and there is no excuse. Sorry but, this post really upset me. If this is true, I hope you got something to put them in..like the original containers and..bring them back where someone that cares for them will purchase them--if they are not already too badly hurt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This just really saddens me! I really hope it is someone's bad idea as a joke to post it here, to watch us respond. My heart sank when I read it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They will not stop fighting because a betta defends his home with his life- you tell ME where in a tiny bowl the loser can be chased to? They will fight until they die and that is the most heartless thing to ever inflict on them.

Separate them now, if you cant condition the water or have enough for them all- boil some water and allow it to cool, it will neutralize some of the chemicals of the water, lets pray they have the will to live to handle the rest of the poisons on top of their injuries. If you leave them together they will all die a painful undeserved death.

I hope you are proud of yourself.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I sincerely hope that this is a tasteless joke. Or some bored kid's attempt at trolling.

You were bored... So, you decide the most logical thing to is to torture and mutilate (yes, you did--indirectly--but you did) some living things? You freaking imbecile. What the bloody hell did you think was going to happen?

You have bought them into your life, so it is your reaponsibility to take care of them. Separate them NOW. Then, take the water from the bowl and pour them into four cups, one for each betta. As soon as you can, go back to the store. Get four separate containers for them. Get water conditioner for the tap water. Get them food. Properly introduce them to their tank by floating them in their cups until the temperatures are the same and then put them in. Otherwise, you would probably kill them anyway from temperature shock anyway. Then, find safe homes for them with other people that don't get entertainment out of abusing defenseless animals.

Otherwise, I have no sympathy for your loss of sleep and I hope their torn and broken bodies continue you to torment you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can an Admin get their IP address and then alert any and all pet stores in their area and report them? Also, ban them and delete this post? No one needs to see this.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Being bored isnt a reason to torture living things just for your own personal entertainment. Its quite sad that the bettas have to go through this kind of torture before you realised your mistake.

Honestly, i will say this though, at least you are trying to make amends right now. Find what ever container you can that will hold water and clean the containers. Do what the other forum members advised you to do to make sure the water is alright for the bettas. Get all the necessary conditioners and food ASAP and take good care of them at least until they heal. I hope they heal up well.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Dude...did you seriously buy four fish to fight each other, just because you were bored? Didn't want to switch on MMA or a Jackie Chan instead? You very well could have fought each other to the death in a brutal, never-ending battle while contained in an extremely tiny space, why'd you have to buy fish? Didn't want the same thing happening to you?

Okay, enough of that.

Right now, find separate containers for each of your fish. Anything works, I'd say maybe ziplock bags (stand them up against something or lean them against a wall, keep the top open) for the other two. Split up the water they were fighting in and put them in the bags/cups, OR, like the above said, boil water and let it cool. You can use your hands and carefully but quickly move fish to their containers, but based on what you did, you aren't very careful at all. Otherwise, you can take a small cup and move them with that, somehow. Once they're each in their containers, move them FAR AWAY from each other, or block their view with printing paper.

If they've been fighting this long, then it won't be surprising if half of them don't survive the night.

Poor, poor fishies.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can an Admin get their IP address and then alert any and all pet stores in their area and report them? Also, ban them and delete this post? No one needs to see this.
I wouldn't suggest deleting it quite yet. This forum's advice could help keep these fish alive.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I am here and have read the posts. Hang in there so I can discuss this with the other Mods. to see what we need to do.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I understand your concerns I have them too. The only reason I am waiting and not closing it down right now is because maybe they are seeking some help after realizing what they did was totally wrong and now they want to save these poor fish.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
VORSE, we have moved this thread to a private location where only you and the mods can see it. This way, we can help you without you incurring any more wrath.

Now, per your fish.

The most important thing is to separate them. I hope you were able to do this before you went to sleep.

As soon as you can, get to a pet store and get API Stress Coat and something suitable to keep the fish in. If you are not sure you are going to keep these fish if they survive, get 1 gallon kritter keepers for each. If you do want to keep the fish, we'll worry about proper housing later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.