Tropical Fish Keeping banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
I apologize for not posting for a while! School has been catching up to me, and now I'm headed out of the country for a while. Here's a load of pictures to tide you over until I get back :-D

My poor little Fleck passed on, so there will be a few last pictures of him.

Attachments

THREE CHEERS FOR FROGGY PICTURE SPAM AND OUT OF COUNTRY TRAVELS!!!

Thanks for the update, Watty! You and your little froggies have been missed!

I was so sad to hear of Fleck's passing. He was well loved, and will be missed. . .

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Well, I've actually been home for a few weeks now... but I haven't posted in a while so I could save up my pictures for one big Froggy Picture Spam!

Attachments

Discussion starter · #25 ·
spam #2

Attachments

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Picture updates on the new tank! Next post will have some more photos (some have the same name, so they keep getting overwritten in the upload process)

Attachments

Discussion starter · #28 ·
And last few pictures! I was waiting to post a photo of the tank because it wasn't quite done... had to wait for the driftwood to come in! Now its done until I get more plants.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Thanks Bekah! I actually have two baby bristlenoses in there! :D The one in the first photo is different than the other two. I can tell them apart because one has really bright stripes and spots, where the other is a little more dusky. It's not easy to tell in the photos. I've been wanting a baby pleco for so long, I'm glad I finally have a tank big enough!

Lookin' good, lady! There is NO better kind of spam than FROGGY PICTURE SPAM!!! *luffs* I'll be hopping over to your other thread next to see how things are going in there - the tank looks great from here! <3 froggies...

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Took a bunch of photos over the past week or so since my last post. Enjoy! Most of these are at feeding time, since that's when everyone comes to the front of the tank.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #37 ·
I do realize I have been away for quite a while (over a month now, wow. Didn't realize it had been that long) and I hate to come back with bad news, but that's how these things go... Tubby died today :( I noticed him suspended in the tank, quite obviously dead. I dunno what happened to him, as the other frogs seem perfectly healthy. He looked quite bloated when I found him, but he also looked as though he had been there most of the day, if not all night (I had class right away at 9am this morning, and had been busy up until 5-6pm tonight when I noticed him).

There is some good news, though, in that the other frogs are still alive and looking healthy. Both are eating vigerously right now, so all seems well otherwise.

I'll try to post more pictures, but there's really no guarantees. I've just got so much going on in my life right now, I don't have a lot of time to sit in front of my tank and snap picture after picture. Any time I'm changing the water, I"m busy doing a million other things at the same time >.<

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Sorry I"ve been so absent! Things have gone to.... bad places since the last time I was here. There was a death in the family, and then some other things happened, but I'm in a better place now!

I got an internship at an aquarium on the west coast (HUZZAH) and have been working there since June. Sadly, its unpaid, and it must end, but I'm loving it so much. Sad part about it is that I had to tear apart my tank and give all my fish away. I did, however, keep Skinny and Gargoyle. Because I would never part with my beloved frogs.

I've got them set up in a 10 gallon with some anubias, a broken moss ball (sob) and a bunch of duck weed. I've got three of my Amano shrimp in there with them, just to help keep the place ****-and-span. My frogs have, of course, decided to grace my apartment with a housewarming gift of tadpoles. They've been on and off as I've been trying to figure out how to care for them. Lost more than my fair share. However... I have found a way to feed them. Because of my internship, I have access to live brine shrimp cultures. With permission from work, I've been able to bring home both 2 day old and adult brine. And the babies are eating it!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.