Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Hi Sarah.:wave:

I may have miss these details though.:mrgreen: How many wattages does your light have? Have you considered adding fertilizers to ensure sufficient nutrient supply?:)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
TexasTornado said:
You can add nitrates?????? Having live plants is new to me and they looked so beautiful till about 3 weeks ago and now they look gross. The leaves turn kinda clearish or stay green b4 coming off!! Also they used to stand up and almost reach the top of the water but now they droop over...
Yep.:thumbsup: Potassium nitrates. I heard they are the ingredients used for gun bullets.:blink: Still have to learn more on guns but I hate touching one..lol..:mrgreen:
The way your plant acts, it looks like Cryptocoryne rot, a disease wherein plants thrive and then beginning to wilt after a few days or months. I doubt it though. Hope fish_4_all and Andrew come to your rescue.:) As I don't know much about plants.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Hi fish_4_all.:wave:

It was 20 gallons, not 10.:) Glad you could help Sarah.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
A new hood isn't really necessary. It is if it fits only one light tube. Oh that reminds me. Was it bulb or tube?:) I prefer tubes as they can cover almost the whole area of your tank.:)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Oh ok.:) Good luck.:thumbsup: Let us know if you got additional light tube.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
TexasTornado said:
it's 18" long and about 1" fat (round)
That makes 18" length and 12" width. What about the height?
1" would be too small a width.:blink: So I assume that was 1 foot rather than inch.:)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Oh sorry.:mrgreen: :oops:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Javan moss, Javan fern, Elodea densa, Hornwort, Anubias and Vallisnerias. I've tried Cryptocoryne becketii. I have 2 of those and have been thriving for almost 5 years.:shock2: :blink: They prefer subdued light so you may have to locate those under shaded areas.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
fish_4_all said:
I agreew with Blue, ;)
:welldone: :thumbsup:
Must admit I used Sera Florenette which are fertilizer tablets. I would surely go back to using ferts although at the moment, it is not necessary as my plants still thrive without ferts.

By the way, I have this Anubias nana and it didn't grow well in the driftwood so I planted it to the substrate and it grew so well.:shock2: I always thought that plant would never grow well in substrates as others stated.:dunno: And then there was the Nymphaea stellata growing at a fast rate even if I still haven't finished with the CO2 system.:mrgreen:

Ohhh...Must be my lucky day.:crazy: This is one of the good tidings I consider during my comeback to the hobby.:mrgreen: I have bad tidings with tetras which died last July, thanks to temperature fluctuations.:blueworry:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts