Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie and I have one betta, love him, he is beautiful. I have had him about 3 months now. The temp outside has been chilly lately so I went and got him a small heater for 1-2 gallon tank. He is in 1 1/2 gal. He loved his new heater and would go next to it and he is very happy. Now the last couple days the weather has changed and it got in warm outside and I am afraid it is too hot in his tank, around 80-87 and he does not seem as happy the last too days. Is the water too warm? By the way his name is Finnley. I want to keep him happy and healthy.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
hi there :) welcome to the forum!
you say the water temp is 80-87... Some bettas aren't too fond of fluctuating water temperatures, especially a 7 degree difference! 87 could certainly be a little too warm. you can help the tank cool down by blowing a fan across the surface of the water. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I probably did not phase this right with the 80-87 temp. difference. I should have said the lowest it has been, when it got chilly outstide was 80, then when it got hot outside agian it went as high as 87. Never really a quick change for the 7 degrees very slow like over a couple hot days. I did take the lid on the tank and move it over just a bit to let more air in but enough so he cannot jump out, in hopes that it may cool down some. I do not want to shut the heater off because it is going to be cold agian this weekend and I don't want to keep changing it. I may try the fan idea too.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
okay :) just keep a close eye on him and see whether he is unhappy during the warmer temperatures~

good luck and happy fish keeping!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts