Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my hands on some.( ceratopteris cornuta form) Going to float it. I've heard on this board can't remember who that is hates being moved into a new environment. What can I expect it to do and how long does it take to acclimate? It's going in a 55g that will use one 48' T8 daylight bulb. Water parameters should be fine for it.

·
Registered
22,557 Posts
Finally got my hands on some.( ceratopteris cornuta form) Going to float it. I've heard on this board can't remember who that is hates being moved into a new environment. What can I expect it to do and how long does it take to acclimate? It's going in a 55g that will use one 48' T8 daylight bulb. Water parameters should be fine for it.
It depends upon the difference in water params. I have noticed that sometimes it will be fine moving from one of my tanks to another, but in other cases it takes a while to rebound. Just let it float, no matter what. It does need nutrients though, a liquid complete fert like Flourish Comprehensive. For the first week or two I might do two doses, 3 days apart.

Byron.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts