Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks I was just wondering what you preferences around replacement water when you perform a water change?

I am more than prepared to use the existing canister filter water or tank water to clean the filter bits in a bucket, but I am hesitant to connect up the python to the faucet and just let it go into the tank while desperately trying to throw water conditioner in there.

Do most folks pre-condition the new water in buckets first? Or do you think it is ok to do the above?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. :-D:-D

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha, cheers Flint. super cautious of maintaining the good bacteria and non-stressed fish. but I guess there is enough existing water with the newly added conditioner to sort it out.

thanks

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
BB doesn't live in the water column at an extent that will do your cycle any harm even if you change all of the water. That shouldn't be a concern ever.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Yup, I just dose the tank then refill with my Python. Been doing that for many years with no issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yup. I use a syringe and drip the water conditioner on top and and fill. No issues and I have done up to 75% water changes this way.

·
Reference Team
1,573 Posts
For all my years Ive always filled then added prime or whatever water conditioner I used back in the day as I was filling. Never an issue.. However I didn't do this with my saltwater setup lol... darn high maintenance tanks ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts