Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just found out that theres a recall on top fin heaters so i was just posting to tell every one that has one. mines been going screwy so ill bring mine too :roll:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
:shock2: Wow...Now I see everything about Walmart.:roll:

·
Registered
370 Posts
nah you can find topfin stuff at walmart. They may be cheap and break down constantly but for emergency use nothing beats a cheap filter that you can go buy at 3 in the morning. For my more basic tanks (bare grow-outs, plant only tanks, etc) I pretty much stick to topfin stuff because its cheap and it generally gets the job done.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Where did you find this out? I have a friend who's gone through two top fins recently, and would like to pass the info on. Thanks!

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
i got a topfin starter aquarium kit, there tanks are pretty basic quality but there filters arent that great, topfin is like a cheaper form of all-glass

·
Registered
370 Posts
yeah I've had problems with their equipment before but like I said...I generally only use it on the more basic tanks. Though one of the two filters on my main tank is a top fin and its been running well for over a year now. The other one is an aqua clear if you were wondering. Both rated for 50 gallon tanks so I'd say they do a pretty good job on my 37 lol

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jaysn said:
Where did you find this out? I have a friend who's gone through two top fins recently, and would like to pass the info on. Thanks!
well i called the store and the manerger said that there was a recall so i brought mine in and got a visi-therm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.