Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I haven't posted on TFK much but I've racked up almost 900 posts on BF. So don't worry, I'm not going to scam anyone :) I'm looking for some plants, large floaters and moss mainly but I could use some Java Fern too. I need the seller to be in Canada though... I'm hoping to spend less than $30 with shipping but I can go up to $50

Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Why is it that no one wants to ship to Canada? do you need a permission or something? Cause I have some salvinia minima that I can share with you if you're interested
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BB, you do need a licence to ship across the border.

I'll try the Plantman.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Why is it that no one wants to ship to Canada? do you need a permission or something? Cause I have some salvinia minima that I can share with you if you're interested
Posted via Mobile Device
Some aquatic plants are also illegal to ship across state borders. There are federal and state restrictions. We grow aquatic weeds, some of these are invasive to native lakes, streams and other waterways.

Here's a link to a list of some. https://www.pondmegastore.com/shop/pages.php?pageid=37

Check your state laws.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Oooh didn't know any of that at least is not illegal in texas thanks for the info
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry for highjacking this thread! Anyone in Canada got plants for Red??!!

no, lol, no worries really. Just be careful disposing of them. Don't dump it down the drain.

I have seen cases where packages have been seized by the post office and people have received warning letters from the state/govt....

I did find this though.

The State of Texas doesn't just frown on the possession of harmful or potentially harmful exotic plants. It is illegal to posses these plants in Texas. Possession of any prohibited plant species is a Class B Parks and Wildlife Code Misdemeanor punishable by
a fine of not less than $200 nor more than $2000,
a jail term not to exceed 180 days, or
both a fine AND imprisonment.
Each individual plant of a prohibited species constitutes a separate violation. The law applies to everyone: aquatic plant producers and distributors, garden centers, pond supply stores, pet stores, and individual pondkeepers. So if Joe Ponder is caught with 10 water hyacinth in his backyard pond, that would be 10 separate violations, with potential fines totalling $20,000.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, I jack threads all the time! As long as someone is learning, go ahead and hijack my threads! Also, Carlos, I don't think that anyone is going to check your house. If you don't talk about it, it should be fine and you should be able to keep them. It's really your choice. If you show lots of other aquarists your tank, it's not really safe because someone will recognize it. To dispose of it, I would use it for fertilizer in a dry garden, it'll die and make fert.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I guess I get rid of them I don't want to have problem I live in an apartment so yard stuff not a good idea I just let it dry cause it could be illegal to sell it even though is going to other state
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump! Christmas is coming so I can count on even more money for plants, ect. Also, I might shovel driveways to earn some cash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts