Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for alot of java moss. I have a bunch of driftwood I want to cover. I know somebody has this stuff growing like crazy in thier tank.:p If you have any other moss let me know I might be interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
If I did have some I would gladly send some your way for free, but all I have is a tiny ball that I need for my shrimps. :-?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Same here.

I have a bit, but if I pulled out every piece I had it would probably be the size of a golfball. And thats 3 tanks.

I could probably scrounge some up, but I doubt it would be worth the shipping costs.
Have you checked with local LFS? Sometimes they can order it.

Maybe Angel has a bit? She seems obsessed with moss walls. ;)

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
If Angel doesn't have any you can always try here:

http://www.aquariumplants.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=java+moss&PageAction=PRODSEARCH

I've ordered numerous times from the above site.
I know that air costs are expensive but seeing that it's java moss I'd think it could be put on a slow boat to China and still be okay. I had some Christmas Tree moss sent to me from Malayasia in a padded brown envelope that took days and days to reach me and it was totally fine (actually, more than fine) when I received it. I checked w/ Sweet Aquatics but their website states they are sold out:

http://www.sweetaquatics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35&products_id=65

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. This is why I love this forum..everybody is so nice. If anything comes up let me know. I'll check that site out Kym..Thanks.:)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just purchased 3- 6x6 in. bags of it off ebay...came to $12.85 shipping included. Hope it all works out. I'll let you guys know.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
I just purchased 3- 6x6 in. bags of it off ebay...came to $12.85 shipping included. Hope it all works out. I'll let you guys know.
Definitely let me know. I really should order some more as I now have baby sprimps all over the place and not enough moss to go around. Who was the Ebay seller? I wonder if he has more. That's a good price for the amount you are getting.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I will be picking some up on Thursday from someone on craigslist. He told me that he will give me extra. I don't know how much he will give me. I need some for baby fry. If he gives me alot I can send you some Kymmie. What kind of shrimps do you have alot of? I need a few more Red cherry shrimps in my 20 gal. tank.Maybe we can trade java moss for a few shrimps if I get alot.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
I will be picking some up on Thursday from someone on craigslist. He told me that he will give me extra. I don't know how much he will give me. I need some for baby fry. If he gives me alot I can send you some Kymmie. What kind of shrimps do you have alot of? I need a few more Red cherry shrimps in my 20 gal. tank.Maybe we can trade java moss for a few shrimps if I get alot.
I have red cherry shrimps! :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Definitely let me know. I really should order some more as I now have baby sprimps all over the place and not enough moss to go around. Who was the Ebay seller? I wonder if he has more. That's a good price for the amount you are getting.
The seller is Aquatic Magic. The only thing that sucks is it could take up to 15 days. I got my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Well I just received my moss and I'm definitly pleased. It took exactly a week, which isn't too bad considering it could have taken upto 15 days. It couldn't have been packed any better. It is definitly worth the price. I'm so excited to get it on the driftwood, but first I think I'm going to leave some very nice feedback and purchase some more.:-D They even threw in a small piece of netting per bag to attach the moss. I think I'll use them to attach to some rocks.;-) Anyway, my camera broke but i'm gonna try to take some pics with my cellphone. If it works out I'll post em. Gotta go...

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
I meet Eileen today and she gave me a GIANT ball of Java Moss. Thanks Eileen! :-D
As soon as my little shrimps are big enough I've got a handful coming your way.

So, zombie, was the package label from Aquatic Magic marked as "Home Decorations" on the custom label? Mine was. I think that's how they circumvent customs as far as selling live plants internationally.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I meet Eileen today and she gave me a GIANT ball of Java Moss. Thanks Eileen! :-D
As soon as my little shrimps are big enough I've got a handful coming your way.

So, zombie, was the package label from Aquatic Magic marked as "Home Decorations" on the custom label? Mine was. I think that's how they circumvent customs as far as selling live plants internationally.
Sure did Kym. What did you get from them?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I ordered Christmas Tree moss. I wanted Taiwan Moss but they were out of stock. They do ship a very nice product but I always feel guilty not ordering locally.

I agree but until someone local can beat a deal like that, I'll stick with Singapore. I'm curious on how thier plants are. The moss was great but the plants could be a different story. Anyone buy any plants from them?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts