Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm a new member here and would appreciate any help/advice anyone can offer on my sick Red Parrots. My tank situ: 90 Gal freshwater tank established for the past 2.5 years with 7 Red Parrots; no live plants; no natural light; current temp is 75 degrees; canister filter (Fluval 405); Cichlid pellet food and shrimp; 10% weekly water changes; UV sterlizer; and 1 12,000k compact flourscent on an 8 hour timer. First off I know my 10% water change is significantly inadequate and insufficent and second, I don't test my water as diligently as I should. After two years, this is the first incident of disease/illness. I am, of course, changing my habits. But in the meantime, i have sick fish and want to know if their condition is treatable or a lost cause; they have slowly been getting worse over the past month. All of them have white fungus/cotton-like growths, tail/fin rot, black spots, cloudy-eye, and a couple have discolored. I attempted a treatment of Fungus Cure but had to travel for work and didn't get to complete the full treatment. Currently, I have transferred them to a 10 gal "hospital" tank for a treatment of Erythromycin. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
yep looks like fungus to me get your water chemesrty nice then treat with melafix and pimafix at the same time

·
Registered
302 Posts
Glad they are doing better.Is it just me? Their scales seems out of order somewhat. what are your water conditions like now? pH, NH3, NO2?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts