Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good diyto keep plants from being uprooted in sand? My stem plants haven't enough roots to keep underground. I don't want to put metals in the tank.

·
Registered
53 Posts
In the past I've used plastic guttering mesh to secure both plants & floating driftwood.

Juz cut off enough mesh, push the plants thru & secure with thread then bury the mesh beneath the substrate

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was looking at an aquarium supply site & saw a product by Seachem called Flourish Glue.

Don't know how long the product's been on the market but apart from gluing plants to rocks & driftwood, it also claims you can glue the roots to clumps of gravel &/or sand to keep plants from getting uprooted.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A rubber band and a large rock work til the roots get established...and it looks kinda cool.

any port in a storm

C2

·
Registered
4 Posts
I take a small piece of scrap filter foam , cut a hole in the middle , put straw through the hole , put the stem and roots in the straw , pull straw out of foam , bury foam and plant in sand . See pic for better idea . Most time I can get the stems to stay without any help...lol

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts