Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

i am a novice to the fish keeping life, though i have kept goldfish for years i never took a real interest.

I now have an established 55ltr with 2 angels, 2 gourami, a Pleco and a red tail black shark. i am now upgrading the tank size and filter to accommodate them. I will be getting a Juwel Rio 180 and thinking about a Eheim Pro 3, but am considering if the 3e is worth the extra expenditure?

Also i want to try recreate an Amazonian biotope, i know gourami are from the indian region but i wasnt planning on a biotope at the time. i would like to grow my collection to create a community tank. What fish would you recommend to go along with my current selection?

i know this is a very varied subject, but any help would really be appreciated

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
The only difference I can tell and know of between the two filters you are looking at is The 3e is programmable and you can monitor through a USB. Oddly enough I found the 3e for a $100 less the the just the 3. So its a matter of what you want the filter to do. They both filter the water the same through.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, out of curiousity where did you find the 3e for cheaper? i've only found it for £150 more expensive!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts