Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am new to keeping fish and having an issue with something affecting my fish. I have a 38 gallon bowfront stocked with 3 mollies, 1 platy, 7 neon tetras, 2 dwarf gourami, and 2 guppies, and a number of snails and shrimp. My water parameters have been fine at 0 for ammonia and nitrite and 5-10ppm nitrate.

Background on what has been happening. I noticed 2 weeks ago that one of my mollies had really bad clamped fin where it was struggling to swim. I did multiple water changes through the week and he started to get a little better. But after focusing on him I notice that one of the guppies was getting like a grayish/dirty look to him and starting to get fin rot. His scales are then starting to get whitish, but not ich, its the whole scale that turns the color. Then everything started to go downhill. I had 4 ghost shrimp and found 2 dead and am assuming the other 2 are dead but havent found them. I believe one snail died. I have been doing large water changes but the molly still has some clamped fin. Also now I am noticing that my neon tetras red stripe has faded to light orange and the one dwarf gourami's once blue head has faded to an almost greyish color.

Any insight on what the heck is going on would be greatly appreciated.

I have moved the 2 guppies (the second started showing same signs as the first and with what looks like losing scales on his head a small 5 gallon quarantine tank and am just starting a HP bath to see what that will do.

I have attached images, hopefully they help.

IMG_2548.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I think its a bacteria infection of some sort

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts