Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am considering getting a second tank because I have been told that two fish I want are not compatible. I noticed they sell "Universal" systems that have wet/dry, bio, and mechanical filtration as well as a protein skimmer built into the tank.

Does anyone have any experience with these types of setups or experience with them?

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
I have never seen that kind before, but I have see wet/dry, bio, and mechanical filtration all in one. That would be alright if they did sell somthing like that. I have to do some research on that one.

What kind of fish were you thinking about getting?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We were thinking about moving our existing Dog Face Puffer and Bicolor Angel to a larger tank so we can get more fish. They are currently in a 55 gallon. We were thinking about a 200 gallon Universal tank so that we wouldn't have to contend with all of the wires, devices, etc. It sounds like a cleaner solution than even a sump tank.

usmc121581 said:
I have never seen that kind before, but I have see wet/dry, bio, and mechanical filtration all in one. That would be alright if they did sell somthing like that. I have to do some research on that one.

What kind of fish were you thinking about getting?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts