Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so, i have amzingly had this pair of feeder goldfish for about 7 years now and ive never heard of that before. Anyways, i have them in a five gallon tank along witha pleco and they seem to be doing fine. I have been thinking about getting two new 10 gallon tanks and ptting them in one tank possibly with one other compatible fish and then putting a pleco, an aquatice frog, and a newt in the other. I was wondering if anyonw had any suggestions for one more fish to put in with the frog, newt and pleco. PLEASE all of your posts will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Hi and welcome,

I recommend one goldfish should fit in a 30 gallons tank as they can poop a lot. Not to mention their size may reach more than 15 cm.

Your tank will be overstocked if you add plecs(also big poopers), a newt and a frog.

·
Registered
706 Posts
If you are going to upgrade, why not go larger? As you know, this is a very addictive (and rewarding) hobby. The biggest tank you can afford will be better for your fish in the long run, and you can always put a newt in the smaller tank :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts