Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THis is my thread just for picks of my tank. I will show the progressions of the tank. PLease feel free to ask any questions i will be sure to answer them.

some of the goodys i got in the mail.

stupid broken skimmer.(the intake broke off.)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh im sorry i forgot to put the specs up.
Its a 20 gallon(h) tank with a 10 gallon sump. Heres the equipment. A aqua medic 650 gallon return pump, a crp overflow, a magnum 25,a maxi jet powerhead,a current usa duel sattalite fixture(130 watts) a jaguar 250 watt heater, and a egg-crate cover.
I have argonite sand for my bottom.
Im not sure exactly whats going in it yet(i know thats bad) But i know ill have some coral and some gobys prolly. I am looking to put a african velvet fish in it, just as soon as i can track one down.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out he new bubble trap i built today. I copied steves idea. I used 1/4 inch plexi-glass and some silicon. Took me a few hours. Dont compare it to steves but think of it as ''it get the job done''

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have some ideas on how i can fix the skimmer. I will buy one of those venturi injectors and put it on the intake of the pump than put the output of the pump in the skimmer. I would redrill the broken intaka and just stick a peice of pvc in there and glue it nice like.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im not sure if im gunna add a backround. I defenetly wouldent paint it, i would use a blue backround. I think when i add live rock and sand it should look fine, besides its not relly for other peoples veiwing pleasure, thats y its in my room.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm pretty Saltwater-ignorant, but can you hang the filter of the sump tank? Place the heater in there?

Also, it looks like the 2 pipes on the left are the inlet to the sump, are they at a height that will prevent flooding?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good question donut, Yes, most people do put the heater in the sump,but mine won't fit. Now the filter, If i was only using that filter for cleaning the water than i would place it in the sump, but the filter is pushing 250 gph so i am using to create currents in my tank.
Brandon there are no updates yet its gunna be a while till i will have anything to take a pic of, i am doing something sorta different from what i was gunna do before, but i will post a pic when i have something to photograph. I will explain this later.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Nice are you still having micro bubble problems or di you get scrap the whole sump idea? If you havent have you tried a micro filter sock around the intake PVC?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
usmc i've gotten rid of the sump and im currently using a powerfilter with lr rubble and a powerhead for filtration. Haha thats alot less than i had planed but i was in over my head.
But anyway i got some more rock! I am currently done with the rock(ill buy more when i get some money) And im gunna wait a few weeks than start adding coral and a fish. rite now i have a hundred dollars of rock in the tank. i think its about 18 pounds of lr.

Any suggjestions on how i should stack my rock would be very appretiated cause im finding it difficult to get the look i want. The brown peice has been in there the longest thats y its brown,cause its covored in brown algea. After i get a cleanup crew in there will they clean that rock so it will look like the others?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts