Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So maybe a week ago I had a major ich outbreak. After some fish died and medication didn't work, I went to my LFS and they sold me aquarium salt. I added 6 tbs for my 30 gallon tank and it seemed to work great. I keep my water temperature at a solid 82 and there's only a little remaining ich. Well here comes the problem. Today I did a 50% water change and without thinking I added 6 tbs of salt..not 3. After about 7 minutes later I realized my mistake and immediately did a 25% water change. I saw a lot of salt come up the tube and out of the tank and believe I got most of it. Now I'm wondering how much salt is actually left in my tank and where to go from there. Next time I do a water change in a few days should I add more? Or is my salt content still going to be high even after the cleaning. I have two assassin snails, 5 black tetras, and a sunburst platty. I don't want anyone else to die. My water conditions are great otherwise. I know salt is risky with the snails but it hasn't seemed to affect them much.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.