Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 gallon tank and 2 cute lil goldfishes in it. Initially when i broight them home, I used bottled mineral water for water changes, about once a month. Then I read that it should be done once a week. So, I went for the tap water approach.
The tap water here has a lot of iron, evident by the brown layer deposition on the pebbles, pump and filter. Is it harmful for my lil buddies? T_T

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, if it was just regular tap water you would only have to use dechlorinator, but since you have iron in your water it's not good for them. I reccomend buying betta water from the pet store, it's jsut water that has no cholorine or other toxic chemicles in it, or you can try bottled water.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, if it was just regular tap water you would only have to use dechlorinator, but since you have iron in your water it's not good for them. I reccomend buying betta water from the pet store, it's jsut water that has no cholorine or other toxic chemicles in it, or you can try bottled water.
Thanks for your suggestion:giggle:
I think I should go back to buying bottled water. Hope the iron thing didn't cause much harm....:cry::cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts