Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am telling tips on fish.First tip if your fish has white spots looking like bubbles it's ick witch is a disease.Second tip before you get the fish you want ask a person who works there how big they will get if they get to big they won't fit in your tank and ask them what tank size they need. Third tip ask a person who works they how aggressive they are ask them what they needs not to be aggressive. Fourth tip if your fish don't eat all the fish food scoop it out it fish food creates ammonia in a fish tank witch is very bad for fish.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got two guppies Four white skirt tetra glow fish and one plcostomus. The plcostomus is in the cave

·
Registered
269 Posts
aww how cute! I agree with you on your tips, those are always the questions I ask when I get a new type of fish I am not familiar with.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i don't scoop the leftover food because i have bottom feeders that come out at night and eat it. Just wondering how big is your tank? And your pleco is so cute in his/her little cave.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is my female glow fish white skirt tetra pregnant I’ve noticed it’s belly getting a little bigger and my male white skirt tetra glow fish protecting it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
not pregnant but maybe egg laden, no guarantees she will lay eggs though, mine got like that twice and either she layed the eggs and ate them or she reabsorbed them. But she does look egg laden.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice colourful tank you have there. What species is the pleco? Are you giving her a specific diet? Algae wafers etc? The tank looks very new and clean. Plecos like a well established tank with plenty of alage covered surfaces to graze on. In a clean tank like yours, they'll need additional greenery in their diet, as well as their normal food. Mine love blanched lettuce. They also require some wood in the tank to graze on. It helps their digestion and it's really important that they have some to help them thrive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my pleco is a clown plecostomus. Yes we do feed it alage wafers on the cave there is some alage that’s hard to see and on the bottom of the plants there’s alage

1 - 20 of 23 Posts