Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several months ago I had an issue keeping the chanchito and chocolate cichlids together. Once the chocolate got to be bigger than the rams, the chanchito beat it up pretty bad. I put it in the other 125 to let it recover, as well as grow larger thinking that once the chocolate was larger it would be able to defend itself. Well, that didn't happen....so I moved the chanchito to the other 125 this time and am leaving the chocolate in the 125 to heal.

So, this time I thought it would be good to show how long it takes, posting pictures periodically.

From yesterday and today

Attachments

Reactions: rsskylight04

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's side is healing nicely already.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's side is healed - 6 days. No water changes, no stress coat, no nothing. Just a fish healing itself.

Attachments

Reactions: rsskylight04

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
nice! i see a lot of this amazing healing ability in bettas, but not so much in other fish. They are pretty fast at healing themselves aren't they?

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Just another update. Can still see where it was attacked, but the new scales are in.

Attachments

·
Registered
840 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Looks like he's healing nicely. I really like that there are no chemicals or cures involved, just nature working over time.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pic from tonight - I havent been home much over the last couple weeks, but the new fin growth has been pretty solid. The dark parts are the new fin - it will eventually look normal again.

No water changes, no salt, no nothing. Just a fish healing itself.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow that's awesome. Thanks for sharing. I didn't know fish could regenerate like that. They put a pretty good beating on him too.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The fin had fully healed some time ago but I forgot to get a picture up.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts