Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi mods! I have a question- I keep seeing threads about the way bettas are treated in Walmarts around the country. I would like to start a thread requesting pictures of bettas in poor condition in Walmart. I'm guessing it won't be long til there are a lot of pictures.
In a week or two, I'd like to send a link of the thread to PETA and ask them to put pressure on Walmart to stop selling bettas or ask them to commit to a minimum of care.
Is it ok to start a thread like that here? And if not, is it alright for me to start a thread and link to a facebook page or blog asking people to share their pictures?

Thanks,
Stacey

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Hi fidget,

We have a forum rule about not allowing posts or threads depicting cruelty to animals. I'm sure you can understand how upsetting that is to those of us who care about our fish so I think a whole thread of awful condition pics would fall under cruelty.

We also have a rule about not linking to social media platforms like Facebook. There are multiple reasons but bottom line is we want to keep our members here and not send them to other forums or outlets.

Maybe you can start your own FB page or similar account to gather the materials and pics. you need to send to PETA? We just ask that you don't link to these through the forum.

I wish you luck in your quest and hope that something changes as a result. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thx,
Romad

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Romad is right.
Members must not use Bettafish.com or Tropicalfishkeeping.com by name in their actions against Walmart or any company either. It is also against the rules to use the Forums in that manner. Too many legal implications for the Forums as I'm sure you can understand.

Thank you tho for asking first!! We DO appreciate you taking the time to ask first! We DO understand that our members are passionate about their fish and ALL living things and it breaks their hearts to see these wonderful little creatures being miss-treated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It really is heart breaking. I figured the fb thing wasn't cool but didn't think about the cruelty to animals part and totally understand the legal implications.
Thanks for the answers!
I'll try to get something going elsewhere. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On another note, is there any way one of you guys could remove a picture from my journal thread? I don't know what happened but it was normal sized when I posted it, now its HUGE! Bizarre..
Link!
:-D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts