Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it mean to have a ported fish tank? What makes the tank ported or not ported? This might seem like an odd question, but Google wasn't much help for me either. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
ported? Perhaps that's another way of saying drilled. A drilled tank has holes in the glass for plumbing for a sump.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is kind of what I was thinking too. I saw a local ad for a 90 gallon With lights and a couple other accessories for $130. In the ad it states the tank is 48" x 18" x 24" with the bottom ported

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
that's a terrific price for a 90 gallon - I'd jump on that. Perhaps it means that it drains out the bottom..... I'd ask the seller.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked them and they said it was for a sump. I'm really considering buying it. I don't have room to upgrade just yet I don't think. But it probably wouldn't be a bad plan to start collecting stuff to do so. I mean heck I've only had my 29 for 5 days. Haha. I wonder if there is a reliable way to plug the holes on it. I don't know if I want to attempt a sump anytime soon

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
yes you can reliably plug the holes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts