Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have two tanks full of fish already, a 10g and a 20g, both completely freshwater, and down the road, when I'm in a bigger place and not having to deal with a restrictive lease agreement, I would like to get a third tank, but not sure what I would like to do with it. Right now I have four options: Make it another freshwater, either tropical or subtropical, or try something new, which would be either brackish, saltwater or something different all together like say turtles or bearded dragons. It probably won't be until about a year or two, yet since it's never too early to do your homework, and right now I'm getting all of my questions out of the way.

1. What is the temp. range for a Subtropical tank?
2. What fish are considered Subtropical, and are there any inverts like snails considered subtropical? The only ones I know of are White Clouds, but that's it.

Here are my questions, while I wouldn't mind doing a White Clouds tank, the only thing that bugs me is what can be mixed with them, since before, White Clouds are considered as tropical as Neon Tetras. Anybody has any info, please share.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts